Friday, October 12, 2012

Giving back to Musicians Institute

Now that I am back in LA for a little while (about a month). I wanted to make myself as useful as possible. I contacted the school I went to while I was living here in LA a few years ago. I attended MI in Hollywood as a Vocal student and then later as a Keyboard student. I had the best time at the school, I met some amazing people and made some great friends. My auditioning skills were insanely polished and I truly feel like my time at school gave me the confidence to put myself out there more than I ever had before and shortly after leaving school I started booking jobs. So THANK YOU MI :)

I recently reached out to them to let them know I would be around this month and if they needed anything to let me know. When I heard back from them I was so excited because they offered me a spot as a guest career counselor. While I was going to school, I met with a few counselors so I understood what the position would entail. It's mainly successful industry folk that they bring in to listen, encourage and give helpful advice to aspiring students. And the fact that I get to be one of those individuals now is incredible. I hope that I can be as helpful as possible and inspire musicians and singers to gain as much confidence as they can and start putting themselves out there like I did. Im so thankful for my time at MI and I'm even more grateful that I get this amazing opportunity to give it all back!

If any students are reading this, I'll be there every Friday this month (October) from 4-6pm, go sign up!! :)

xoxo

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment