Monday, October 22, 2012

Utah Visit

Its always good to go home. And this time I was REALLY looking forward to it. Ive been doing so much traveling lately and have been meaning to squeeze in a trip to Salt Lake but its been extra difficult these last few months. When I found out my Brother and Sister-in-law moved back to Utah from Washington DC with their newborn baby girl, that sealed the deal! I booked my flight while I was in Baku and couldn't wait!!

Joe and I stayed with my sister-in-law Jessica and baby Jayda :) We were still experiencing a bit of jet lag from Baku so we would fall asleep before this newborn and wake up before her! lol so funny. One morning, Jessicas mom Pamela came over and took us for a little morning hike in Draper, it was so beautiful. It is that perfect time of year when all the leaves are changing and it hasn't snowed yet. Having four seasons is definitely something that I miss about living in Utah. Its such a beautiful place!

Hot pink leaves!


Draper Temple.

Me and Joey in the opposite of hiking gear. We didn't pack for this little adventure. I was actually wearing flip flops.. oops. But it was so worth it. Pamela gave Joe a full blown tour experience. I loved it! 

Ok, this picture needs no explanation.
Two things baby Jayda loves, TV and Joe :) She barely took her eyes off the tube but she somehow managed to always find Joey's finger. lol She had a little crush on him and it was soooooo cute to see him with her. I'm pretty sure I sat on the couch and held her for 8 hours. She is the best baby, I only heard her cry once.. and the rest of our visit she was just ALL smiles :) It was so good to catch up with Jessica too, since my brother Bryan was out of town. She is such an amazing mom already and Im so proud of her! I can't wait for our next visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment